Welcome to Guidelines to Britain
When visiting another country, it makes the world of difference if you have a friend to show you around. We offer the next best thing — the informal company of an educated and friendly Guide.
Whether it’s a classic sightseeing tour of London, a countryside escape to Southern England’s castles and stately homes, or something more “off-the-beaten-track”, we can tailor a tour to your exact needs and interests.
Guidelines to Britain is one of the UK’s leading providers of private sightseeing tours for individuals and small groups, working with the Concierge teams in London’s top hotels for over 25 years. We are a small, family run business, staffed with experienced Londoners who have vast experience dealing with discerning clients from all over the world, and especially with our North American visitors.
Our Guides are carefully selected for their knowledge, personality and driving ability. Extensively trained, all guides are qualified by and registered with the Institute of Tourist Guiding.
Unlike bus tours, our flexible itineraries mean that you see the sights you are interested in.
- We pick you up from your hotel at a time that suits you, and drop you back after the tour.
- We only use Blue Badge Guides for our London Tours, the only ones allowed to guide in St Paul’s, The Tower of London and Westminster Abbey
- With our personally guided day trips you travel at your own pace.
- Our friendly, expert guides will enhance your enjoyment and understanding of Britain.
- Rates are per tour not per person.